Tuesday, January 24, 2012

what is up?

What a great question - quilting and crafting is NOT up! **big frowny face here**

My semester started and, with five classes on two campuses, things are mega nuts for me. I'm not even sure why I'm blogging because I should be grading something or reading something. I don't know. Maybe I'm too tired to work any more today! (But that isn't the case - will work after dinner).

I have a couple works in progress that I can update on--nothing special, but they are projects I'm excited about.

First, I have most of my block parts together for my sparkle punch quilt along quilt. I don't see a lot of pics on flickr with this QA but maybe everyone is being shy.

(You can see my ironing board is perhaps 20% cleaner after being washed!)

The lower part shows the last 3 blocks I have to do parts for. The upper left are all my finished sets and the upper right shows my leftover charms that I pulled from. I plan to fill in the partial stars with these once I figure out the layout of the full blocks. I have all the white I need cut!

The second project is one that has been slow in the making. I finally cut into this yummy mess to make my brownie quilt. I have the blocks cut but haven't really sliced many of them up. It is on the list. Someday.

You can see my gifty I got myself - one of those rotating cutting mats! You can spin it in circles as you cut so you don't have to pick up your blocks. I love it. I also love that it fits on my ironing board so I don't have to go to the other room to trim things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment