Monday, January 9, 2012

color help

I've decided to, along with my BFF, play along in the Sparkle Punch QAL hosted by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson!

As part of my New Year goals is to bust through my stash. I had some charms and cakes from Connecting Threads and I wasn't sure what to do with them - until this QAL came along.

The top section - that are charm squares - are the base for the quilt. I'm trying to add in some other colors to make the top awesome. I pulled some of the bottom fabrics - the blues, brown print, red dot, and the light yellows - to try out. I'm not sure about the blues and brown down in the lower right corner. There are browns in the other prints and one has some blue so that is where I started. I think the top needs another color but maybe blue isn't it. Or I can just bust through and do it, right?

I would love to hear what you think. Blue or no blue? Other color ideas or maybe something else to consider?

 

ETA: I spent some time playing around with the fabric today since the block tutorial is going up tomorrow and found some additional charms to round out the collection. I noticed the greens and blue-greens in the Golden Afternoon collection that a few of the orange/red/yellow fabrics are from. The greens really add a nice touch and aren't as.... bold? .... as the blues I had above are. I have a good number of charms to do the boarders so some fabrics will repeat. I'm not too worried about that!


1 comment:

  1. Love, love your pretty fabrics! Your Sparkle Punch will be just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete