Sunday, July 29, 2012

snapshots

I finished the front and back of my Snapshots quilt. The pattern, in Hartman's The Practical Guide to Patchwork, was very fun and quick to put together. Her quilt was black and white and I loved how the white in the print blocks bleed into the white squares. I started collecting red and white prints and the rest is history.


I really enjoyed the pieced back. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is my first time doing a pieced back! I asked DR to pick out the solid to go with the red and white coin stacks. Naturally, she picked soft yellow. It reminds me of a fast food restaurant!


One thing I really enjoy when I'm putting tops together is using these little pins to help me keep all my blocks in order. The little white flower beads have a letter on them and they slide onto the safety pin.  I'll use them in order (A - B - C and so on) on my blocks once I'm happy with the layout. I can then pick everything up, match blocks for seams, and whip through the whole stack at once. Iron and lay out in order again. I find it is much easier than the classic "cell phone picture method." I bought these at JoAnns in the quilting notions section. They aren't expensive but about every two months they will put all the quilting notions on sale for half off - that is the time to buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment