I finished my wonky log cabin baby quilt a couple days ago. Now that all my holiday company have left the house, I have some time to catch up on grading papers and blogging about what I've been up to!
discussed here. I wanted to do cross hatch quilting but the bias in the backing was more than I had time to battle with - it was very stretchy for a cotton! So I did uneven straight line quilting about two inches apart vertically on the quilt. I am pretty happy with how it all turned out! I used the black/white dot fabric for the binding, which looks pretty cool with the little yellow dots. I also tried something new with the binding this time. I usually just piece by binding end to end, which is kinda bulky. So this time I tried angling the binding strips together. It worked well and was easy to hand finish. Makes me wonder why it took me soo long to try that out!