Sunday, November 13, 2011

finished top

Wow, it has been a while since I have posted. This last month at work has been nuts! However, I've been slowly working on projects here and there.

The big accomplishment over the last month is finishing the top for this quilt that is going to be my mom's holiday gift. I'm also very excited because this is my first top I've sent out to be long arm quilted! It is about a big full/small queen and that is just too much to work with on my baby Brother.


The pattern is from Lay Cake, Jelly Roll, and Charm Quilts. It is a great book with neat projects. This top is bigger than the one in the book - I just made more blocks and recalculated measurements. I'm really excited to see this come back from being quilted... that will be a different post!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt. I love purple and green and I first realized it a few years ago when I was driving in Kissimmee, Fl. near Disneyworld and the signposts and light poles were purple. I realized that they looked really nice against the green grass and trees. I soon made a quilt from those colors, but brights. I like your softer palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the colors of this top! It looks great! I like e play of the big neutral design against the contrasts of color!

    ReplyDelete