Tuesday, November 29, 2011

64 patch

I've started working on a 64 patch quilt top. This is going to be fun.

(This is only 36 but they are actually 4 patches I tossed on the board!)

I had a some strip sets I ordered last year from Connecting Threads - the Bed and Breakfast and Canterbury samplers. One set was cut a little off - it was only 2.25 inches instead of the full 2.5 inches. Of course I didn't notice this until my friend started hacking into them for a project she was working on.

I have been wanting to make something postage-stampy for a bit, so I cut each strip into thirds and sewed pairs together. I then cut the strips down to 2 inches to even things out and cut the sets into dyad units. I tossed these in a bag to mix them up before assembling the 4 patch blocks.

I mixed them up by putting them in a bag and shaking it up!

I have a lot more sewing to do on this one. It is the end of the semester so things are starting to get nuts. I hope to get a couple tops ready to send out at the start of the year. I've been looking at my money and think I might be able to splurge a bit and pick up a midarm sewing machine. I really want to do more of my own quilting :)

Too many projects, not enough time!

No comments:

Post a Comment