I got all my blocks together for my Sugar Pop N Change quilt over the weekend and spent time between editing my diss doing some free motion quilting on it. I decided to try something new and went with a flower pattern. I think it turned out pretty well, considering this is my second free motion quilt job AND my machine has a little neck!
The fabric are precuts from Joanns. I hated working with them and learned my lesson :) This is the "Neutral Mediterranean" line from Fabric Central. The price was right but I didn't like the pinked edges - it made it hard for me to get my seams right. The sashing I found in my stash and is a cream broadcloth. For this quilt, I used one jelly roll (20 strips) and 1 charm pack (I think it had 30?). Anyways, I had enough for the quilt top plus a couple leftover bits.
Here is a picture of the quilting:
My goal for the rest of the summer is to take care of all my WIP that I have. I love to start projects and get distracted by new ones! I can count/think of 14 WIP I have, ranging from finished tops that need to be quilted to yummy stacks of fabric that is ready to be chopped up and turned into something awesome. I have three charity quilts that are going to be first priority after I bind this and get it to my sister (late, late holiday gift!). I also have a top for my mom I'm armpit deep in blocks for. It will be a fun summer - good thing I have a lot of housesitting to do at my friend Megan's house - it has HUGE floor spaces perfect for laying things out and three sweet kitty boys to keep me company and "help out" with my designs!