Tuesday, July 19, 2011

36 Patch Quilt Along!

I know I am totally nuts, but as I was editing my dissertation and thinking about this QA I thought, you know, just do it! I always missed other QA that I wanted to do, either because I found it late or because I had 10000 other things going on. I decided to make a test block to see how long it would take. About 30 minutes! I can manage that in a day, especially knowing that I'll get faster once I do more at a time!


The QA is hosted by Crazy Mom Quilts.I decided to use the leftover Sip of Summer sets I picked up from Connecting Threads to make this beast. The other half of the sets are used in the quilt in the previous post! It was actually this blog that helped me find this company and I love their stuff! I just ordered a ton of thread because it is on sale. But anyways... here is what I have to play with:


The leftovers are mostly yellows, limes, and some hot pinks. Lots of the flower prints too! I think this was 3 or 4 strip sets that I ended up doing 3 projects with. The other I'll post then it is done!

So here is my first block. Thinking of doing 16 blocks for a 4x4 baby quilt. I'll see what happens!


I forgot the check the directional prints... ha ha, I think it gives the block some character!

No comments:

Post a Comment