Thursday, July 21, 2011

36 Patch QA - Almost there!

I've taken the last couple of afternoons off from work (work = finishing up final edits on my dissertation) to work on this QA. I didn't realize that finishing my diss would be soo stressful but it is. I don't have a "real" job yet and there is a part of me that feels like I failed. Anyways, enough pitty party: I've been sewing for fun AND I have a date with my sweetie tonight!


I sorted up a mess of strips to make 12 blocks and planned to make a 3x4 block quilt. Once I started playing with it my best friend thought it would look better being 4x4. So I sorted though all my Sip of Summer scraps and charm packs and scavanged up what I think is enough fabric to make 4 more blocks. We'll see if it is possible when I get to work on those later this week :)

From these sets, I finished the blocked needed to get to 12 finished blocks. I'm kicking QA tushie! Here is a peak at what the quilt looks like. I think it is going to be tricky to lay this one out, due to the dark/lights being yellow in many blocks inconsistency. However, there are enough yellow-free blocks that I think it can be done!

Refreshing, right? This is the perfect top to work on in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment