Monday, January 7, 2013

Beejeebers 2013



I've been getting more settled into the new apartment and slowing working towards getting my sewing set up in a way where I can get more done. In the last couple months, I've really only been able to get my Beejeebers blocks finished.


To finish up Beejeebers 2012, Lisa requested a rainbow block of any design. I've been wanting to do a HST block for a while and it lent itself well to rainbows.




Next up is Beejeebers 2013. I'm a lucky cat to get January. It helped that I had some ideas picked out! I decided to mix it up a little bit and let my swap buddies vote on what block we would be making for me. The choices were inspired by birch trees, dougnnuts (which is labeled shoo fly here, but it doesn't look like the shoo fly I love. Is this really a variation on shoo fly?), and babybuds (another favorite).

The winner, by a landslide, was inspired by birch trees! I have to make a few blocks to add to my 11 swap blocks to get my quilt to size so I have a few more to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment