Monday, August 13, 2012

quilting on a grid

I quilted my Red and White Snapshots Quilt. This pattern is in Elizabeth Hartman's excellent book The Practical Guide to Patchwork. This quilt was a little different because I decided to do a pieced back (like a real one, not just sewing hunks together like I usually do!).

I did straight line quilting on the white diagonals. I saw a this pattern quilted this way on Flickr and loved how the quilting frames each of the print blocks.

I used a walking foot to do the quilting and decreased the foot pressure a little bit to get nicer stitches. This quilt isn't too big so I didn't have problems feeding it through my Brother (1500S) while managing the bulk in the neck area. I've been working on a larger top over the weekend and I've had to be more careful with thinking about where the bulk would end up as I sewed.

I love this quilt. It reminds me of the holidays but not in a super obvious way.

The front!

The back!
I have to find some fabric in the stash to use for the binding.  I'm thinking red but who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment