Sunday, August 12, 2012

polaroid block

For August Beejeebers, Lindsay requested we all make her a Polaroid block. I had seen this block  bit in the couple of weeks prior to her posting it, so I was excited to try something new by making this block.

First, I framed all of my sweet fussy cuts in white.

Then I trimmed them down. Be sure to do this - I see blocks that miss this step in the instructions! The block looks much better when the white is trimmed before adding the background.

Once trimmed, I framed each in Kona Coal. Then I realized I had two different dye lots going on :(


Then I trimmed them to 4.5" square. I posted here about how to get the tilts going how you want them.



Arrange as you like them....

Then you have a really sweet looking block! I shipped this out the other day - I can't wait to see this quilt finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment