Tuesday, July 3, 2012

scrappy cabins

For July Beejeebers, we are doing 15" scrappy log cabins. For some reason, I really like being able to make blocks for this bee that let me bust into my tasty scrap pile!


My favorite part of scrappy projects is revisiting old projects. Laura requested a fun print for the center. I hunted a bit and debated about this one or a Japanese butterfly print. This one had brighter colors so I cut a nice little bouquet out. The green to the left was used with this floral print to make my STARS QAL quilt.

The large pink/green leaf print and the teal bit above the center are in a quilt I'm currently working on. The pink dots (top center) I received in a trade for craft supplies and is also in the nine patch lattice quilt. The random bright bites - the yellow, orange, dark blue, and blue/green are random strips from a set I picked up on clearance from Connecting Threads.

I'm sure this fellow will look nice in the final quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment