Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sugar Pop N Change

Not that I needed to start a new project, but there is something about starting quilts that I just love! I've been wanting to make my sister a quilt for a while now and purchased some jelly roll fabric to do so. I didn't have a plan for the quilt, just the fabric, and went though some different patterns before settling on this Sugar Pop N Change pattern on Moda Bake Shop. This fun pattern by Melissa is super fun and I'm having a fun time sewing all my coins together. I haven't made anything like a coin quilt before so this is an exciting change of pace for me. I'm using the "Neutral Mediterranean" fabric line from Fabric Central that I picked up at Joanns. It isn't the best fabric - I purchased it a while ago when I was getting back into quilting because I thought the colors were a good fit for my sister. Live and learn, right?

Here is what I did the other day: chain piecing a zillion little coins together!



Then I put all the little coins together to make big coin stacks. I'm starting to get the sashing in but decided to put that away for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment